The FH Studies Collaboration
Familial Hypercholesterolaemia (FH) represents a major global health problem because, despite being very common, it is widely underdiagnosed, undertreated and, as a result often fatal. The consequences of FH in the form of premature atherosclerosis and cardiovascular events are potentially preventable, but require effective initiatives and policies to address the current issues and reduce the burden of disease.
To address these issues, EAS FH Studies Collaboration (FHSC) has since 2015 collected data from FH investigators from all over the world. The data is pooled, harmonised and analysed to give the investigators a better understanding of FH. EAS FHSC raises awareness of the disease and encourages the development of programmes, initiatives and policies specifically focused on FH, by joining efforts from healthcare providers, patient organizations, policy makers and the entire medical community. Read more
- Consensus on Familial Hypercholesterolaemia in Children and AdolescentsFamilial Hypercholesterolaemia in children and adolescents: gaining decades of life by optimising detection and treatment Consensus Statement of the European Atherosclerosis Society Publication in full Featured Commentary Slide set Authors Wiegman A, Gidding SS, Watts GF, Chapman MJ, Ginsberg HN, Cuchel M, Ose L, Averna M, Boileau C, Borén J, Bruckert E, Catapano AL, Defesche … Read more
- Consensus on FHFamilial hypercholesterolaemia is underdiagnosed and undertreated in the general population: guidance for clinicians to prevent coronary heart disease Consensus Statement of the European Atherosclerosis Society Publication in full Slide set Featured Commentary Authors Børge G. Nordestgaard*, M. John Chapman*, Steve E. Humphries, Henry N. Ginsberg, Luis Masana, Olivier S. Descamps, Olov Wiklund, Robert A. Hegele, … Read more
- Guidelines on management of dyslipidaemia 2016These updated 2016 guidelines deal with the management of dyslipidaemias as an essential and integral part of CVD prevention. The guidance includes sections on: the evaluation of laboratory lipid and apolipoprotein parameters; treatment targets; lifestyle modifications to improve the plasma lipid profile; drugs for treatment of hypercholesterolaemia and hypertriglyceridaemia; drugs affecting HDL-cholesterol; managing dyslipidaemias in different … Read more
- ESC/EAS on PCSK9European Society of Cardiology/European Atherosclerosis Society Task Force consensus statement on proprotein convertase subtilisin/kexin type 9 inhibitors: practical guidance for use in patients at very high cardiovascular risk A joint consensus statement from the European Society of Cardiology and the European Atherosclerosis Society Task Force. Publication in full Authors Ulf Landmesser, M. John Chapman, Michel … Read more
- Homozygous familial hypercholesterolaemia: new hope for getting patients to goal?Management of homozygous familial hypercholesterolaemia is challenging. What are the prospects for attaining LDL cholesterol goal with novel therapies? This latest commentary discusses the new findings for evinacumab, an ANGPTL3 monoclonal antibody. The European Atherosclerosis Society (EAS) continues to be a key player in familial hypercholesterolaemia (FH), raising awareness and supporting research to promote early … Read more